Counseling and/or General Mental Health Support
- For general information on mental health and to locate treatment services in your area, call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Treatment Referral Helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357). SAMHSA also has a Behavioral Health Treatment Locator on its website findtreatment.samhsa.gov that can be searched by location.
- Mental Health America mhanational.org is a national organization that offers screening tools on their website, as well as the ability to search for resources by location.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI), 1-800-950-NAMI (6264) or email@example.com. The NAMI HelpLine can be reached Monday through Friday, 10am–6pm, ET. The helpline includes trained staff and volunteers that can discuss symptoms of mental health conditions, treatment options, and local support groups, among other things.
Mental Health Crisis
Use this resources if you're concerned for yours or someone else's safety.
In cases of imminent danger, please contact your local emergency services.
If you are in crisis, and need immediate support or intervention, call, or go the website of the
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255;
Trained crisis workers are available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Crisis Text Line crisistextline.org
- Text NAMI to 741-741. This allows you to connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive free, 24/7 crisis support via text message.